Who we are
WiseCatcher is a Part of NeutralX Corporation and our website address is WiseCatcher.com
You can reach us at [email protected]
Personal Identifiable Information: any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Processing: any operation or set of operations performed on Personal Identifiable Information or sets of Personal Identifiable Information.
What personal data do we collect and why do we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Data Protection Principles
We follow the below given Data Protection Principles:
- Processing is Lawful, Fair, and Transparent: Our processing activities have lawful grounds. We always consider your rights before Processing Personal Identifiable Information (PII). We will provide you with information regarding Processing upon request.
- Processing is limited to the Purpose: Our Processing activities fit the purpose for which Personal Identifiable Information was gathered.
- Processing is Done with Minimal Data: We only gather and Process the minimal amount of Personal Identifiable Information required for any of our purposes.
- Processing is limited to a Time Period: We will not store your Personal Identifiable Information (PII) for longer than needed.
We will do our best to ensure the accuracy of the data.
We will do our best to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of data.
Data Subject Rights
The Data Subject has the following rights:
- Right To Information: Meaning you have the right to know whether your Personal Identifiable Information is being processed; what data is gathered, from where it is obtained, and why and by whom it is processed.
- Right To Access: Meaning you have the right to access the data collected from/about you. This includes your right to request and obtain a copy of your Personal Identifiable Information gathered.
- Right to Rectification: Meaning you have the right to request rectification or erasure of your Personal Identifiable Information that is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right To Erasure: Meaning in certain circumstances you can request for your Personal Identifiable Information to be erased from our records.
- Right To Restrict Processing: Meaning where certain conditions apply, you have the right to restrict the Processing of your Personal Identifiable Information.
- Right To Object To Processing: Meaning in certain cases you have the right to object to the processing of your Personal Identifiable Information, for example in the case of direct marketing.
- Right To Object To Automated Processing: Meaning you have the right to object to automated Processing, including profiling; and not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated Processing. This right can be exercised whenever there is an outcome of the profiling that produces legal effects concerning or significantly affecting you.
- Right To Data Portability: You have the right to obtain your Personal Identifiable Information in a machine-readable format or if it is feasible, as a direct transfer from one Processor to another.
- Right to Lodge A Complaint: In the event that we refuse your request under the Right To Access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. If you are not satisfied with the way your request has been handled, please Contact Us.
- Right For The Help of Supervisory Authority: This means you have the right to the help of a supervisory authority and the right to other legal remedies such as claiming damages.
- Right To Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw any given consent for the Processing of your Personal Identifiable Information.
Data That We Collect
Information That You Directly Provide To Us: You are not required to provide information directly to us in order to view the site. However, when you use certain site functions such as when you register for certain services, access certain content or features, or directly contact the site, we may ask you to provide information, including:
- contact information such as name and email address;
- username and password;
- the information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
- Search queries conducted on the Site; and
- Correspondence you send to us.
Information Automatically Collected When You Visit And Interact With The Site: When you visit and interact with the Site, certain information may be collected automatically including:
- Your computer’s Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- Your browser type and Operating System;
- The web pages you were visiting immediately before and after you came to the Site;
- Activities with Community Discussions;
- Web Pages and advertisements that you view, and links that you click on within the Site;
- Your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs that are installed on your computer;
- Aggregated data about email click-through rates and user-video viewing;
- Standard Server log information; and
- Information is collected through HTML Cookies, Flash Cookies, Web Beacons, and similar technologies. For more information, please see our discussion on Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies.
Comments: When visitors leave comments on the Site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Information We Collect From Other Sources: We may access information about you from third-party sources and platforms (such as Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, Social Networking Sites, Databases, Online Marketing Firms, and Ad Targeting Firms) including:
If you access third-party social networking services (such as Facebook or Twitter) through the Site, your username and connection lists for those services; demographic data such as age range, gender, and interests;
Advertisement interaction and viewing data, such as ad click-through rates and information about how many times you viewed a particular ad;
Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers, can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law.
Please note that the Site may combine the information that we collect with information we obtain from third-party sources.
Publicly Available Information: We might gather information about you that is publicly available.
Information From Our Partners: We gather information from our trusted partners with information that they have legal grounds to share that information with us. This is either information you have provided them directly with or that they have gathered about you on other legal grounds.
If you have an account and you log in to this Site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. More information on this is available here.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited.
Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Embedded Content from Other Websites: Articles on this Site may include embedded content (for example, videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How We Use The Information We Collect
We use the information that we collect for a number of legitimate interests:
- Email Communications: We may use the information we collect to send you email communications, such as information about your account or changes to the Site, promotional messages about our own or marketing partners’ products and services, and our email newsletters.
- Advertising – Collection of Information By Third-Parties: We work with advertisers, ad agencies, third-party traffic measurement services, and other service providers to serve advertisements on the websites within our Ad Network and to gather information regarding traffic on those websites, including the pages viewed and the actions users take when visiting those websites. To make this work, our service providers may set and access their own tracking technologies on your device (including cookies and web beacons) and may collect or have access to your device identifier and usage information. For ad campaigns that are intended for children-directed sites, we take measures (including activating all available child-directed tags and settings) to ensure that our service providers have disabled any and all forms of behaviorally-targeted advertising and sensitive ad-content categories and that the child’s anonymous browsing information is only used for permissible internal support operations in accordance with COPPA (i.e. Contextual Advertising, Ad Capping, etc.). We may share non-personal usage information with third-party advertising companies, analytics providers, and other Vendors to provide these Services.
- User Accounts: To provide you with an open, but also civil discussion forum, we track user involvement in our community discussions. For example, our forum moderators monitor discussions and delete comments that we deem inappropriate in our forums. For more information on this process, please see the Site’s community rules, forum rules, or comment policies about the comment moderation guidelines.
- Request Fulfillment: We may use the information we collect to fulfill your requests for products, services, and information. For instance, we may use your contact information to respond to your customer service requests or to enable you to participate in features on the site such as Surveys, Polls, Sweepstakes, and Message Boards.
- Statistical Analysis: In order to learn more about how our site is used, we aggregate and analyze the data that we collect. We may use this information, for example, to monitor, and analyze the use of the Site, increase our Site’s functionality, and better tailor our content and design to suit our visitors’ needs.
- Enforcement: We may use the information that we collect to prevent illegal activities, enforce the Site’s Terms & Conditions, and otherwise protect our rights and the Rights of the Users.
As long as you have not informed us otherwise, we consider offering you products/services that are similar or the same as your purchasing history/browsing behavior to be our legitimate interest.
Sharing Of Information
We value your privacy and share information about our users only under certain circumstances. We will make information about you available to other companies, applications, or people in the circumstances listed below:
- We may share aggregated information or information that does not directly identify you with third parties to help us develop content, services, and advertising that we hope you will find of interest. Please note that we do not share contact information with third parties that advertise on the Site unless you opt-in or otherwise agree to have such information shared with or otherwise disclosed to a third party for marketing purposes.
- We may employ third parties to perform site-related services, including database management, maintenance services, analytics, marketing, data processing, and email and text message distribution. These third parties have access to your information only to perform these tasks on our behalf.
- If you choose to engage in public activities on the Site, such as posting comments on community message boards, any information you submit can be read, collected, or used by others. Please exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information in public activities or submissions.
- We may share information about you in the event that the Site is acquired by or merged with another company or a similar corporate transaction takes place.
- We may share information about you to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety or other rights and interests of any person, violation of the Site’s Terms & Conditions of Use, or as otherwise required by the law.
- We may share information about you to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, judicial providings, court orders, legal processes, or other law enforcement measures, to establish or exercise our legal rights, or to defend against legal claims.
- In addition to the Scenarios identified above, we may share information about you for any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect information to your consent.
Once we share your information with another party, the information received by that party becomes subject to the other party’s privacy policies. Please note that third parties may independently collect data about you, including your IP address and information about the websites you visit and the links you click, through cookies, clicks on links, or other means when you visit or view ads on the Site. For more information, see our cookies and other tracking technologies and third-party online advertising section.
If you buy through our affiliate links, we may earn a commission at no extra cost to you. WiseCatcher.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for website owners to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon (.com, .co.uk, .ca, etc).
WiseCatcher.com is also an affiliate of many online tools, services, and products. Links on this website may be affiliate links and we may earn commissions for purchases that visitors to the Site make. This comes at no additional cost to you and our goal is to provide the very best reviews and recommendations. If you have any questions, please contact us.
The content produced on WiseCatcher.com and other materials is intended for informational and educational purposes only. The content is not designed to provide professional advice that you might get from a certified financial expert or legal expert. Reliance on any information on our website or in our courses is done so at your own risk. The information is not intended to provide any certain type of financial or business outcome.
If you have any questions regarding this disclaimer, please contact [email protected]
How we secure your data
We do our best to keep your Personal Identifiable Information safe. We use safe protocols for communications and transferring data (such as HTTPS). We use anonymizing and pseudonymization where suitable. We monetize our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Even though we try our best, we cannot guarantee to notify suitable authorities of data breaches. We will also notify you if there is a threat to your rights or interests. We will do everything we reasonably can do to prevent security breaches and to assist authorities, should any breach occur.
If you have an account with us, note that you have to keep your username and password secure and secret at all times.
We limit access to contact information about you to employees or service providers who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We also have adopted commercially reasonable, technical, physical, and administrative providers to help protect information about you from loss, misuse, and alteration.
Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Site, but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Retaining, modifying, deactivating your account, and deleting your personally identifiable information
Deactivating Your Account
If the Site functionality permits, you can deactivate your account at any time by visiting the preferences page of your profile or delete any content you provide from their Site, though we may retain a copy of any deactivated account or deleted content for compliance purposes. When you deactivate your account, your user profile will be disabled, but your public comments will remain on the Site. The Site has no responsibility to take down, remove, or edit any of your public activities or any submissions that are a result of your public activities. For more information, please review our Terms and Conditions of Use.
How Long Do We Retain Your Data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any) we also store the Personal Identifiable Information they provide on their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their Personal Identifiable Information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
Retain, Modify, and Delete Your Personal Identifiable Information
You may access, retain, modify, or delete the information we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please contact us using the contact details below. If you would like to update, correct, modify, or delete from our database any Personal Identifiable Information you previously submitted to us, please let us know by accessing and updating your profile. If you delete certain information, you may not be able to use certain site information in the future without re-submitting such information. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Also, please note that we will maintain Personal Identifiable Information in our database whenever we are required to do so by the law.
Please note that we need to retain certain information for record-keeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting such change or deletion (for example, when you enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete the Personal Identifiable Information provided until after the completion of such promotion). We will retain your Personal Identifiable Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in the Policy unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Cookies and other tracking technologies we use
Our Site may use the following types of cookies for the following purposes:
Analytics & Performance Cookies
Analytics and Performance Cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our website and services and how users use our Site and services. The information does not identify you or any other individual visitor. The information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Services, the websites that referred them to our Site or Services, what time of day they visited our Site and Services, whether they have visited our Site before, and other similar anonymous, aggregated information. We use this information to help operate our services more efficiently, gather broad demographic information, and monitor the level of activity on our Site. We use Google Analytics for this purpose, which uses its own cookies. This information is used only to improve how our Site works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics Cookie.
You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our Site by downloading and installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
Essential Cookies are necessary to provide you with services available through our Site and to enable you to use our features. For example, they may allow you to log in to secure areas of our Site and help the content of the Pages you request load more quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for may not be provided and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services on our Site.
Functionality cookies allow our Site to remember choices you make when you use our Site, for example remembering your language preferences, remembering your login details, remembering which polls you have voted in (and in some cases to show you poll results), and remembering changes you make to other parts of our services which you can customize. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Site and services.
Social Media Cookies
Social Media Cookies are used when you share information using a social media button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a Social Networking Website such as Facebook, Twitter, etc. The social network will record that you have done this.
Targeted & Advertising Cookies
Targeted and Advertising Cookies track your browsing habits to enable us to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, third-party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show advertisements that may be relevant to your interests while you are on third-party websites. These cookies also store your location, including your latitude, longitude, and GeoIP region ID, which helps us show you locate specific news and allow our Site to operate more efficiently. You can disable cookies that remember your browsing habits and that target advertising at you by visiting: youradchoices.com
If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see advertisements but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you choose to remove cookies from the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral advertising are included in this list, so you may still receive cookies and tailored advertisements for companies that are not listed.
A flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash Plugin that is built into or downloaded onto your device. Flash cookies are used for various purposes, including, without limitation, enabling a Flash feature and remembering your preferences.
If you choose to adjust your Flash Privacy Settings on your device, some site features may not function properly.
We also use “Pixel Tags” which are small graphic files that allow us and third parties to monitor the use of the Site and collect information. A Pixel Tag can collect information such as the IP address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the pixel tag appears; the URL of the page on which the pixel tag appears; the time (and length of time) the page containing the pixel tag was viewed; the type of browser that retrieved the pixel tag; and the identification number of any cookies previously placed by that server on your computer.
We use Pixel Tags, either provided by us or by our third-party advertisers, service providers, and ad networks, to collect information about your visit, including the pages you view, the links you click, and other actions taken in connection with our Site and use them in combination with our Cookies to provide offers and information of interest to you. Pixel Tags also enable ad networks to serve targeted advertisements to you when you visit the Site or other websites.
MediaVine Programmatic Advertising
We may also use MediaVine to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. MediaVine serves content and advertisements when you visit the websites, which may use first- and third-party cookies. The cookies may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP Address and browser type, demographic data, and if you arrived at the website via a link from a third-party website, the URL of the linking page.
First-party cookies are created by the website that you are visiting. A third-party cookie is frequently used in behavioral advertising and analytics and is created by a domain other than the website you are visiting. Third-party cookies, tags, pixels, beacons, and other similar technologies (collectively “Tags”) may be placed on the website to monitor interaction with advertising content and to target and optimize advertising. Each Internet Browser has functionality so that you can block both first- and third-party cookies and clear your browser’s cache. The “help” feature of the menu bar on most browsers will tell you how to stop accepting new cookies, how to receive notifications of new cookies, how to disable existing cookies, and how to clear your browser’s cache.
Without cookies, you may not be able to take full advantage of the website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site:
The Website may collect IP Addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to MediaVine.
MediaVine Partners with the following Processors:
The data collected is anonymous to us. However, this data is processed and stored by Facebook, which may link this information to your Facebook account and also use it for its own promotional purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Usage Policy.
A cookie may also be stored on your computer for these purposes.
Please review our cookie and other tracking technologies section for more detailed information about cookies and how to opt-out of cookies.
- California Residents
If you are a California resident, you may request information about our practices in disclosing your personal information to certain third parties and/or opt-out of our sharing of your Personal Identifiable Information with unaffiliated third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Please send your request (along with your full name, e-mail address, postal address, and the Subject Line labeled “Your California Privacy Rights” by email to – [email protected]
- Canada Residents
We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada’s Self Regulatory Principles for Online Interest-based advertising. To learn more about Clickwrap Agreement for Additional Territory | Canada
- EU Data Subject Rights
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area [EEA], you have the right to:
- request access to your personal data and rectification of inaccurate Personal Identifiable Information.
- request erasure of your Personal Identifiable Information.
- request restrictions on the processing of your Personal Identifiable Information.
- object to processing your Personal Identifiable Information, and/or
- the right to data portability (collectively, “Requests”). We will honor all such requests but we can only process requests from a user whose identity has been verified. To verify your identity, please provide your email address or the URL that helps us identify you when you make a request. For more information about how to get access to Personal Identifiable Information and for exercising your rights, you can submit a request to – [email protected] with “Personal Data Request” in the Subject Line of the message. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Compliance with the children’s online privacy protection act
Except as explained under ADVERTISING POLICY and ADVERTISING COOKIES in the above section, the use of our properties is not intended for minors under the age of 18[“Minors”]. Minors are not authorized by us to use our properties, even if Minors set up an account or accept the Terms & Conditions of Use Agreement for our Properties. Parents or guardians may authorize Minors between the age of 13 and 17 to use our properties, provided they assume all responsibility and legal liability for the conduct of such Minor including, without limitation, monitoring the Minor’s access and use of our Properties.
We do not intentionally collect nor maintain any Personally Identifiable Information from Minors. If you discover your Minor child has submitted his/her information to us, you may request to have such information deleted from our databases by sending an email request to – [email protected] together with the email address that was submitted by the Minor. Upon receiving the request, we shall delete such information within fifteen (15) business days. If we learn that the Minor is using our properties, we will require verified parental or guardian consent, in accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 [COPPA]. To learn more about COPPA, consult this simple one-page informational guide from the kidSAFE Seal Program:
We reserve the right to change this policy at any time. Please check the page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our site following the posting of changes to these terms will constitute acceptance of those changes. Information collected prior to the time of any change is posted will be used according to the rules and laws that applied at the time the information was collected.
Questions and suggestions
Visit Contact Us to contact us for more information.